Thursday, March 15, 2012

Week 3 Post EDLD 5364

"Affect is the fuel that students bring to the classroom, connecting them to the "why" of learning. (Rose and Meyer, 2002)"

The more I read about UDL the more I understand why it impacts student learning so much. We often use curricula as a one size fits all solution for teaching. I loved the tool that Rose and Meyer included in Chapter 6 of their book, Teaching Every Student in the Digital Age. Their "Curriculum Barriers Tool" showed me how to analyze the barriers I might be putting in the way of student success. I can now evaluate the curriculum I am using and modify it to fit the needs of my students. This will allow them to maintain a higher affective relationship with the information I am presenting to them.

David H. Rose & Anne Meyer, 2002. Teaching Every Student in the Digital Age: Universal Design for Learning.ASCD

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you on this.