Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Possible Use of Blogs by Educational Leaders

I like to think of blogs in terms of whether they are being used to give or get information.  A leader often needs feedback and input from stakeholders.  A blog is a good way for a leader to pose a question and see what responses arise.  A blog is also a good way to keep people abreast of changes and upcoming events.  I have searched for a blog hosted by anyone in my district and I can't find one.  I think that leaders in the areas of technology, administration, business protocol, grant management, and athletics could greatly increase teacher involvement through the use of blogs.  We train teachers to anticipate student misconceptions in the classroom and proactively teach them around these misconceptions.  Leaders could use blogging as a way of reflecting and guiding teachers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you on this.