Thursday, March 1, 2012

EDLD 5364 Teaching with Technology Week 1 Update


My goals for this course are to get in touch with some actual hands on materials that I can use in the classroom.  Especially with young students who don’t necessarily understand the basics of technology yet.  I want to get to the use of technology as a means instead of as an end.  So far I haven’t been disappointed.  The research I am reading and the examples provided in the texts are excellent for helping me reach my goal.  I know that I am going to learn a lot from my group members as well.  As we tackle our scenario I will get to hear about their experiences that are so different from mine.  The constructivist theories  I learned about reading the SEDL article are going to be tested here in that we will all come to the table with different experiences and knowledge bases.  We will all have a richer experience due to our colleagues sharing. 

Southwest Educational Development Laboratory, (1999). Learning as a personal event: A brief introduction to constructivism. http://www.sedl.org/pubs/tec26/intro2c.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you on this.