Sunday, February 19, 2012

Course Reflection EDLD 5366 Digital Graphics - SP1 12 - ET8039

Creating a website with colleagues has been an eye opening experience for me.  I learned how to delineate the roles and responsibilities of group members and how to effectively organize material for presentation in a web site.  A skill that I improved upon is in designing text and graphics that adhere to the principles of C.R.A.P.  (Williams).  In the past, I didn’t know these principals and I often created documents that were hard to read and didn’t convey clear messages.  I feel that I am a more effective administrator now and that I can clearly communicate the ideas I need to convey because of the learning that happened during the course of this assignment. 

The strategies that I employed for completing the assignment were to plan ahead and to imagine what I wanted the final product to be like.  These techniques fit well with my preferences for visualization and global thinking as identified by the  Keirsey Temperament Sorter and the Multiple Intelligence Inventory that I took in my first course.  I took charge of the group early and made sure that everyone knew what their roles and responsibilities were.  This allowed me to focus on my part and rest easy knowing that everything would be completed on time.  It was also helpful that I had worked with this group of learners before and I was confident in their ability to complete quality work. 

This group project allowed me to understand that it is alright to be an idealist and that if I have others who share my vision it can become a reality.  The time that we devoted to planning ahead was well worth it because it allowed us to each know what was expected. 
This kind of website can be used in many ways in a K-12 classroom.  A method I enjoy is having each student create a page on a website to form a class project website.  A good example of this is a class website on animals where each student is responsible for inserting a photo and a description of an animal they have studied. 

Robin Williams: The Non-Designer’s Design Book, Third Edition.
The Keirsy Temperament Sorter.  www.keirsy.com
  The Multiple Intelligence Inventory.  http://lth3.k12.il.us/rhampton/mi/mi.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you on this.